Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Apple iPad Development

The Apple iPad was annnounced today: http://www.apple.com/ipad/. If you've done any iPhone programming, then you already have setup the iPhone SDK on a Mac of some sort. I'm on a slim budget (or just tight) and sprung for the Mac Mini as a development platform (unfortunately just days before they upgraded the hardware and kept the same price!).

Anyway, I came home today to download the updated SDK which supports iPad development, and found that you are required to have Mac OS X 10.6.2 installed (i.e. the latest version of Snow Leopard...I am still running POL--plain old Leopard). So, I just got done ordering a copy of Snow Leopard online, and I won't even try to download the SDK until I've done the upgrade. Probably just as well since the Apple site is getting slammed right now.

Until then, it's back to Android 2.1 development for the Nexus One, and to updating our church restoration blog (http://serbinchurchrestoration.blogspot.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment